Before setting up a supermarket Bangalore you will have to take care of different legal formalities to ensure your business runs without any bottlenecks. Our focus here will be on checking few of the important legalities you will have to keep note of.
Setting Up Best Supermarkets in Bangalore and Their Associated Legal Formalities
Registration of Property |Trade License
Registration of Property
If you are planning to set up the supermarket in Bangalore on someone’s property then you will have to create a contract for the same. This contract is quite different from what you need to create while taking a property for residential purpose. The contract you obtain should contain various details such as maintenance details, working hours, etc. Few of the other important details to be mentioned include:
- Maintenance, deposit, and rent charge
- Details of code compliance
- Permission for alterations
- Rules to be followed if contract is violated
- Authority to sublease
- Working hours
- Terms for renewal of the contract
- Name and address of landlord and the tenant
Before making investments in supermarket in Bangalore you will have to approach municipal authority and get a trade license. This license is required for assessing whether your business is ethical and it conforms to safety, and regulatory standards.
Normally, it takes about eight days to get a trade license and this time limit can be extended if you are unable to submit all the documents in time. Few of the important documents that you will have to send are:
- A front facing photo of your supermarket which shows goods that you will be selling.
- Certificate of establishment
- PAN card
- Owner’s address proof
- Owner’s photograph
- Trade establishment’s bank statement
- Owner’s ID proof
- Proof of the premise